About Me

My photo
My name is Kelley and I am a stay at home mom to two kids - my amazing son Jackson Wayne and cutie pie little girl Bailey Louise. I am a working at home mom with a business called baby Jack blankets. I handmake ribbon tab baby blankets and sell them online. I am married to the love of my life Brian and every day looking forward to the ever so rewarding and challenging experiences that my life brings me.

Sunday, November 6, 2011

A Minute of Thanks

Oprah's status update on FB just asked me: If you had 1 minute to thank someone who has had a big impact on your life, what would you say?

I would say this to my old boss at GMR Marketing. Thank you for laying me off in April 2009. (2 weeks after returning from my maternity leave) It changed my life. It changed my perspective on myself, my family and it brought out true colors of those I thought were my support system. It allowed me to find my passion, get creative and start my business. Most of all, it allowed me time with my family.

At first it was a hardship to depend on one income, pay a mortgage, bills and support our family. It was a very stressful time in our lives. I was fighting post partum depression, I lost who I was and was learning who I should be as a mom and wife. I was struggling with a new business, hoping it would not fail. I was lonely at home. I felt zero self worth. I missed my outlet at work.

Finally, after realizing this blessing in disguise, I got over it. I turned apples into apple juice and now run a fun successful business out of my home and hang out with my kids. I used my therapy of my new sewing hobby to make money. I got lucky. It doesnt happen to everyone, I just stuck with it and have my husband and in-laws to thank. Either way, it was my pet project - something to keep me busy and keep my mind sane. Sewing saved me. Thank you for laying me off Tony. I am happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment