About Me

My photo
My name is Kelley and I am a stay at home mom to two kids - my amazing son Jackson Wayne and cutie pie little girl Bailey Louise. I am a working at home mom with a business called baby Jack blankets. I handmake ribbon tab baby blankets and sell them online. I am married to the love of my life Brian and every day looking forward to the ever so rewarding and challenging experiences that my life brings me.

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Embracing November

My favorite of all holidays is approaching, Thanksgiving. Today I stormed through Target seeking Thanksgiving decorations, cutlery and crafts to use at our home as we are hosting the turkey dinner with family this year. I was amazed how quickly everyone moved passed the November holiday and onto Christmas. There was one endcap with paperware for Thanksgiving. I refuse to overlook the day of Thanks and Gratitude. Throughout the month I am going to post and pay tribute.

It's a tough job hosting Turkey Dinner but with a new kitchen, why not? The funny thing about turkey at our house this year is that I outsourced all there is to cook. Am I being lazy? Smart? Nope, just nervous to take the plumge and cook something that everyone relies on to be good. Growing up my mom always tried new ways to cook a turkey and put too much pressure on herself. This year I don't need the pressure, just want to enjoy the amazing company that I keep.

My focus this year is creating traditions for my family. Now that Jack is old enough, he can partake in many activities...and I definitely came up with some creative things to keep that boy entertained. I have a turkey hat for Bailey, pilgrim hats, Indian feathers, a paper tablecloth in need of some hand-print turkeys and much more. Family gatherings should always be fun, low expectations and a chance to make a lot of memories. Stay tuned for a lot of "in the works" pictures of our crafty creations for Turkey time.
G O B B L E   G O B B L E  G O B B L E  G O B B L E  G O B B L E  G O B B L E  G O B B L E

No comments:

Post a Comment