About Me

My photo
My name is Kelley and I am a stay at home mom to two kids - my amazing son Jackson Wayne and cutie pie little girl Bailey Louise. I am a working at home mom with a business called baby Jack blankets. I handmake ribbon tab baby blankets and sell them online. I am married to the love of my life Brian and every day looking forward to the ever so rewarding and challenging experiences that my life brings me.

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Celebrating a Half Birthday!

Yesterday Bailey turned 6 months old, where does the time go? The half birthday -to me- is a very important milestone especially when they are a baby. Things tend to get easier, she is mobile and we have adapted to her cries/signs.

Bailey is a very happy and content little girl. She is always smiling. I have never seen a child light up so much when we enter a room. She is really starting to show her personality and project her voice. Lately, all she wants to do is zoom around and play in her walker - which her brother always "helps" her with.  She continues to strengthen her back muscles by being nosy and sitting up. She is playing with a few floor toys and manages to keep her brother entertained until he gets too aggressive and excited around her.

Jack is approaching his third birthday - in February. I understand it is "next year" but that is three months away. Just think how fast Aug, Sept and October went by and soon I will have a 3 year old.  Yes, I already began planning his party - TRACTORS - and am trying to get a lot done before the holidays so January I can just "coast" and soon enough enjoy the arrival of Mr. Murphy. My best friend Heidi and her husband Mike are expecting their first!!!

Another milestone approaching...Brian is turning 30! He doesnt want a big celebration, just to spend time with family. Thats exactly what he is getting, a day with the kids while I attend Heidi's baby shower! lol
We have a dinner planned with his parents and brother at Quaker Steak & Lube and I am getting some strawberry shortcake cupakes (with cupcake toppers of course). Turning thirty to us doesnt seem like a deal. I dont know why people do not embrace this milestone. I personally think that 25 was a hard one - i started forgetting my age after that birthday. Now, I will be thirty in June and am so grateful for all I accomplished, as is Brian. Bring on 40! That doesnt have as good of ring to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment