About Me

My photo
My name is Kelley and I am a stay at home mom to two kids - my amazing son Jackson Wayne and cutie pie little girl Bailey Louise. I am a working at home mom with a business called baby Jack blankets. I handmake ribbon tab baby blankets and sell them online. I am married to the love of my life Brian and every day looking forward to the ever so rewarding and challenging experiences that my life brings me.

Monday, November 22, 2010

A Thirty Minute Stroll

This morning was such a gloomy day. Jack and I ventured to Target to stock up on food and supplies for our upcoming Disney trip {6 days away!}. When we returned home, it was great to see that the rain storms had let up and the sun was shining; also it was 50 degrees outside! Before bringing in the purchased goods, we decided to take a "quick" stroll around the block...on foot.

I cannot walk fast as it is with this pregnancy let alone walk hand-in-hand with a toddler who has little legs but we managed. What was so great about this block walk was the level of fascination Jack had with everything. We stopped to gaze at the water trickling down the stream, the newly laid tar in a neighbor's driveway and the falling wet leaves in the streets. I was amazed that Jack held my hand the entire time and didnt have a melt down!

I was texting Brian and snapping pictures along the way to share with him, letting him "walk with us". We took pictures of our shadows, the pine cone Jack said Hi to 13 times, the stick he brought home for Abbie and the muddy wet shoes after we splashed and played in the puddles.

Normally a walk around our block would take merely five minutes, but admiring the little things and taking your time turns into thirty. Probably the best thirty minutes of my day with my son!

No comments:

Post a Comment