About Me

My photo
My name is Kelley and I am a stay at home mom to two kids - my amazing son Jackson Wayne and cutie pie little girl Bailey Louise. I am a working at home mom with a business called baby Jack blankets. I handmake ribbon tab baby blankets and sell them online. I am married to the love of my life Brian and every day looking forward to the ever so rewarding and challenging experiences that my life brings me.

Monday, November 15, 2010

Quitting Cold Turkey

The holidays are near, a time for spending it with family and close friends. It's a time where every day is jam packed with plans and we are pulled in every direction possible. This holiday is going to be different...we are learning to decline invites to parties and stay put. We are quitting cold turkey on making too many plans and trying to simplify things a little bit in order to spend more time with those that we love.

Thanksgiving is approaching us next week! I cannot believe how fast this year has flown by.  I am excited to say that this is the very first year {since my parents divorce} that we are starting holiday traditions. Since I havent spent Thanksgiving with my mom in over four years, we have decided to eat by her this year and stop by my dad's house for dessert in the evening. It's the first in five years that we will not be spending it with Brian's family but next year we are planning on going up north {Long Lake} for the entire holiday weekend! As an added bonus to our Thanksgiving holiday, we will be leaving on Sunday November 28th on our first family Disney trip with Brian's parents and staying for the week in Orlando at the Disney Caribbean Beach Resort. Our family has visited Walt Disney World several times and never have I experienced the park during the holiday season...it's going be a trip to remember seeing the Magic Kingdom decorated for Christmas.

It's been extremely important to me to get back to traditions, or to start new family traditions of our own. One thing that is changing this year is our Christmas plans. It has gotten more and more difficult with kids to travel to several houses during the Christmas holiday. We have decided to limit our visits to Christmas Eve with my side {mom's in the AM, dad's in the PM}, spend Christmas morning at our home with our own kids and travel to Sun Priarie to spend the entire late morning and afternoon with Brian's family. With a toddler and another baby on the way, 2010 is the start to simplifying our lives and making the most of it for our immediate family before the hectic plans of 2011 begin in January!

The year 2011 is going to be a crazy one. We have baby showers, bridal showers, births, baptisms, weddings and more to celebrate! Starting at the end of January, my brother and his girlfriend Kim are having their baby shower. They are expecting a little girl on March 24th and I am beyond excited to be a first time Aunt. Of course in February Jackson turns 2 already! I've already started to plan a 2 year olds birthday party inviting his group of friends and his two cousins & their families. Last year we made a big spectacle of his first birthday and this year it's going to stay simple....close family, friends and all at a neutral location with enough room for kids to run around. March leads to more birthdays, births and showers...only to have April near and our due date! We are officially due May 7th but will most likely have a scheduled cesearan 1-2 weeks prior.

There I go again, planning for more plans. I am going to quit while I can and simplify my day by playing with Jack, taking a nap and enjoying all these quick passing moments before they are gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment