About Me

My photo
My name is Kelley and I am a stay at home mom to two kids - my amazing son Jackson Wayne and cutie pie little girl Bailey Louise. I am a working at home mom with a business called baby Jack blankets. I handmake ribbon tab baby blankets and sell them online. I am married to the love of my life Brian and every day looking forward to the ever so rewarding and challenging experiences that my life brings me.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I could never be a hoarder...

I feel like I am nesting or something already; maybe it coincides with the 2nd trimester and having more energy but lately I have wanted to organize everything possible in our house. We are starting to build a fourth bedroom in our basement for guests to stay since the baby is taking the current guest bedroom. This fourth bedroom will be removing A LOT of storage space which means we have to be smart about what we are keeping and donate/sell/toss the rest.

We've been slowly working on cleaning items throughout or home, starting with the garage. It's all a pyramid effect in my mind; when the shed is up the garden/lawn items can be moved to there, once the garage is clean, there will be room for tools and more storage, which we can then create the fourth bedroom and move the furniture down there and then start the babies room! My mind never stops with projects whether it's a closet to clean, updating the color scheme of a bedroom or kitchen or just rearranging furniture in our house. I love change; I like a refresh every once in a while and I am unaware if this is normal.

I could never imagine myself being one of those hoarders on television. We threw out so much stuff, donated a plenty and are selling a bunch online. Stuff collects here and my motto is that if we havent missed it in the four years we've been in this house, then ADIOS. We had so many boxes of items outside by the curb for the garbage to collect that people were actually stopping and rummaging through them. I was shocked that people wanted this stuff, but one man's trash is another man's treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment