About Me

My photo
My name is Kelley and I am a stay at home mom to two kids - my amazing son Jackson Wayne and cutie pie little girl Bailey Louise. I am a working at home mom with a business called baby Jack blankets. I handmake ribbon tab baby blankets and sell them online. I am married to the love of my life Brian and every day looking forward to the ever so rewarding and challenging experiences that my life brings me.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Closed for 2010

I'm taking a break from it all!! I am excited to say that I am taking the rest of the year off from making baby blankets. Today I am officially on vacation. Well, once I catch up on my holiday blanket orders then I will actually be enjoying my free time. I decided to close up the baby Jack blankets shoppe starting today for the rest of 2010 to catch up on the holiday rush of orders, enjoy the Thanksgiving weekend and not worry about work while on our Disney World vacation. I allowed myself enough time 4-5 weeks to process and complete holiday orders and not stress out about it.

This year has blessed our business in so many ways, we are beyond happy with the success of it all. Being able to continue to create these blankets and allow me to stay home with Jack gives me an enormous amount of gratitude, especially for all those that make it possible - my husband, my mother-in-law, my customers and facebook fans (which reached over 1,300!). I can only hope that 2011 will continue to bring more great things for baby Jack blankets.

What will I do for the rest of 2010? Well, the holidays will consume most of my time (as well as Jack!) but I really want to catch up on scrapbooking Jack's first 2 years before the next child comes along. Nancy and I found a great scrapbook store right down the road (next to Walmart on hwy 100) and we are going to be visiting it often. Along with scrapbooking, we will be creating a fourth bedroom in our basement which will open up the nursery to be completed...projects, projects and more projects. The great thing about these projects is that the baby comes in May so we can take our time as we all know that life gets in the way of plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment