About Me

My photo
My name is Kelley and I am a stay at home mom to two kids - my amazing son Jackson Wayne and cutie pie little girl Bailey Louise. I am a working at home mom with a business called baby Jack blankets. I handmake ribbon tab baby blankets and sell them online. I am married to the love of my life Brian and every day looking forward to the ever so rewarding and challenging experiences that my life brings me.

Sunday, November 14, 2010

A fresh start

I would just like to say that it's great to be back...to writing that is. I haven't been able to keep up with writing, I kindof gave up on my baby Jack blankets blog for the time being. I really wanted to keep that blog business related and create a site that is personal and for family updates; kindof like a daily Christmas letter :)  Many people really enjoyed reading about Jack and his daily adventures but since I have been pregnant with baby #2, blogging seems like a distant passion. My {early} New Years Resolution is to get back at it since it has been so theraputic for me.

Things are changing; rapidly. I cannot believe that it is mid November already and cannot understand where this year has gone. They say that time flies when children are young but that is an understatement! Just yesterday I went through baby clothes of Jack's to attempt to purge and make room for a fourth bedroom build in our basement and I got so sentimental. Seeing his newborn attire, items he was brought home from the hospital just got me all choked up. He's growing so fast and is already 21 months! Every day he is learning new words and is continuing to make us laugh - and proud.  He's a comedian at heart but a very loving little boy who kisses mommy's belly {baby} on a daily basis.

We are already on week 15 of our pregnant {25 to go!} and find out the sex of the baby on December 16th. Many predict that it is a girl since this pregnancy has been far different from with Jack; I have no clue.  My hunch is a girl but every pregnancy is {and should be} different; just as unique as the little personality that emerges from you. All I know is that I am grateful to no longer have morning sickness and that all the side effects of the first trimester have subsided. No matter what it is that is growing inside me, we know for sure that it will be born into a world with endless love and possibilities.

Having two kids changes a lot. It changes your perspective on parenting and also your nerves. You've done it once before and learned a million lessons and are ready to take on this second challenge. Don't get me wrong, there are PLENTY of things that terrify me with #2...like my nap schedule. lol  Every day I am able -and take advantage - of taking a nap when Jack does. Once we have another little one in the house, schedules change and you have to re-adapt. I love schedules and predictability and the unknown is what still scares me about having more kids. The good outweighs the bad and you make it work no matter what; you learn that your body adjusts to 3 hours of sleep and that a 10 min nap recharges you for four more hours. You learn to have so much respect for yourself and for those people that have multiples!

Next week is Thanksgiving, one of my favorite holidays and I cannot wait to express my gratitude and thanks for so many things this year. Soon will be Christmas, a time to be spent with family and then the New Year, a fresh start to so many things. Reflecting on the year 2010 so far, I wouldnt change a thing besides slowing down and cherishing the time that continues to fly by.

No comments:

Post a Comment