About Me

My photo
My name is Kelley and I am a stay at home mom to two kids - my amazing son Jackson Wayne and cutie pie little girl Bailey Louise. I am a working at home mom with a business called baby Jack blankets. I handmake ribbon tab baby blankets and sell them online. I am married to the love of my life Brian and every day looking forward to the ever so rewarding and challenging experiences that my life brings me.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A Mom Moment

I just returned from taking Jack to his Pre 3K class and got in my car and sobbed. You know that uncontrolable snotty sob for no reason? At least it was a happy sob...all because my mini man is growing up. I am reasurred by my own mother that there will be many more of these moments.

Since Friday we have been potty training Jack and it has been going a lot better than expected. He caught on completely by Sunday and I have my husband to thank, after all Jack realized that Mommy cannot pee on Cheerios the way Daddy does. (yes we had the anatomy talk). He has been doing great and telling others (Gramee) that he has to go and will run to the bathroom and do his business. I am amazed, proud and have chalked up another transition into boyhood. Do other moms get this weepy during these transitions? I remember the last time I sobbed like this was when we took down his crib and he started sleeping in his Big Boy Bed.

Anyways, Jack was nervous about going to school this morning and it was a battle getting both kids out of the house. He was scared about the school potty and I explained how nice his teachers are and that they there to help him. The moment he arrived, he was so proud and confident; talking about peeing at the school potty (I think they have a urinal!). I collected his things in his mailbox and noticed an adorable Christmas card to Brian and I with a picture of him and lost it...cried at how grown up he looks. Sobbing in my car, the uncontrolable snotty sob.

As I wait at home - keeping busy - until 11:30 pickup time, I cross my fingers for a great day for him with no accidents. Either way, he is growing up so fast and there is nothing I can do about it except embrace the change and give him a hug & smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment