About Me

My photo
My name is Kelley and I am a stay at home mom to two kids - my amazing son Jackson Wayne and cutie pie little girl Bailey Louise. I am a working at home mom with a business called baby Jack blankets. I handmake ribbon tab baby blankets and sell them online. I am married to the love of my life Brian and every day looking forward to the ever so rewarding and challenging experiences that my life brings me.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Growing Up & Spreading Out

Being a mom, I am growing as a person right along my kids and how they emerge into little beings. They grow like weeds. Their personalities are showing and I am learning so much from them. They are teaching me patience (which is spread thin) and forgiveness.
They are validating my sewing passion and business, making me strive to the next level. Our little family is growing (not the number, just in gereral) and our business is sprouting as well. I couldn't be more content with how things are. I am happy.

Jack is nearly three and is very independent with a mind of his own. His favorite choice phrase is "No I cannot." Emphasis CAN NOT. It's been hard seeing this little boy get frustrated, throw tantrums and talk back lately but it's another part of the growth process I guess. Threes are the worst, so I have heard.

Bailey is almost 9 months and near crawling. She scoots backwards and zips around the kitchen in her walker but for the most part she is focused on trying to stand - at all times. She just wants to be like Jack - running amock and playing all day. She idolizes him and this is by far the best thing about parenting to me; seeing your children love eachother unconditionally. It's only a matter of time before her first birthday approaches in May and time will speed yet again. I love capturing these moments...

Today was an epic day for baby Jack blankets. For a week I have been prepping for a meeting with the merchandising manager at the Milwaukee County Zoo and today was the day. We discussed opportunities of having our animal print silk loveys in the MKE Cty Zoo gift shops and everything looks promising. I have a tendancy of getting in over my head so I am staying positive that things will work out. He was interested in carrying them in their store and having them stocked by Memorial Weekend. AND Jack and Bailey will be on the Point of Sale signage - how amazing. Everything I do is for my kids and to see my creations with my babies on the signage in a very public high traffic gift shoppe is a true success for me. It is a stepping stone of getting the word out about my product and I am elated right now. Fingers crossed the final details go through next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment