About Me

My photo
My name is Kelley and I am a stay at home mom to two kids - my amazing son Jackson Wayne and cutie pie little girl Bailey Louise. I am a working at home mom with a business called baby Jack blankets. I handmake ribbon tab baby blankets and sell them online. I am married to the love of my life Brian and every day looking forward to the ever so rewarding and challenging experiences that my life brings me.

Sunday, December 12, 2010

A Magical Vacation

We've been back from our vacation in Orlando for over a week now returning to snow, cold and everything that coincides with Winter in Wisconsin. My has it been one busy week too! I still have been unable to unpack all our clothes and fold laundry...lucky for me, today is a snow day and we are not going anywhere so we are organizing our home once my coffee kicks in.

Disney was just amazing. Brian and I had to lower our expectations of Jack as we were unsure how he would handle and react to all the entertainment that the Parks had to offer. We didnt know what kind of a traveler he was on an airplane and we were terrified that he wouldnt sleep in a crib in the same room as his snoring parents. Jack exceeded any expectations we had of him on this trip and suprised us by being such a little trooper, making everything so much fun - but a lot of work!

Traveling with a toddler is WORK. You have to plan your vacation days according to when they wake up, when they eat, anticipate when they will nap and pray they do not fall asleep in the stroller as you know they will not sleep there long. You have to pack a lot of STUFF in your suitcase and diaper bag for day trips. Oh, and dont ever forget to bring too many goldfish crackers!

We ate out every day as we received a free dining plan with our resort stay and Jack did great at the table services. It was a fun age to take him as he was interactive and loving attention from other patrons and kids and kept him busy with crayons and singing/dancing. Every night - I hate to admit - but he ate french fries with ketchup that consumed him and kept him quiet for about thirty minutes! Pick your battles, right?

We visted Animal Kingdom, Magic Kingdom (twice), Epcot (which Jack hated with a passion), Downtown Disney shopping area and Disney Hollywood Studios. Jack is such a thrill seeker so we took him on any rides we could - Dumbo, Buzz Lightyear Space ride, Toy Story Midway Mania, Pirates of the Caribbean and more. He seemed to enjoy the rides the most next to meeting the "real" Woody, Jessie, Buzz and Mickey Mouse".

We set up a  breakfast for Chef Mickey's to meet the characters (Minnie, Mickey, Donald, Daisey, Goofy, Pluto) and Jack was anti. He didnt know what to make of all these characters as he never was really introduced to them. What he really enjoyed was waiting in line with the older kids who doted over him and gave him high fives.  He also really enjoyed the monorail (fell asleep instantly) and the numerous bus rides we took throughout the trip. *Jack would pretend he was the guy on the loudspeaker and tell us what stop we were at by mouthing the words.
Having Randy and Nancy (Jack's grandparents) there was a lot of fun. Brian and Randy rode rides together - as I cannot since I am with child - and Nancy and I shopped around with Jack. They were fun vacation companions and we shared a lot of great memories together that will be captured in our Disney 2010 scrapbooks!

Brian is off of work soon for Holiday shutdown and my goal is to complete some scrapbook pages of our Disney trip. I have closed up shoppe for baby Jack blankets to get back to this loved hobby that Nancy introduced me to. Once I am able to, I will scan some completed pages for all to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment