About Me

My photo
My name is Kelley and I am a stay at home mom to two kids - my amazing son Jackson Wayne and cutie pie little girl Bailey Louise. I am a working at home mom with a business called baby Jack blankets. I handmake ribbon tab baby blankets and sell them online. I am married to the love of my life Brian and every day looking forward to the ever so rewarding and challenging experiences that my life brings me.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Where do I begin?

It's strange how I do not know where this year has gone. Bailey is approaching 6 months and since she arrived, we have been moving at the speed of light. I am already writing my Christmas letter and scheduling our family of four photo shoot for holiday cards (you know me, planning ahead).

I cannot complain about life besides that everything is going so fast. Business is good for both Brian and I - Brian's company Bucyrus was bought out by Catepillar and the remain busy with orders for machinery. Brian has been a huge help with Bailey in the morning but still manages to get a workout at the gym before going to work. My blanket business baby Jack blankets has moved to the next level by adding wholesale orders to our list and we are now being sold in stores (Milwaukee, Minnesota, New York and Missouri). So far, I have managed to keep up with the Etsy and Facebook orders along with everything else on my plate. I continue to do freelance web design projects for a broad range of clients, am working with a business partner of mine to brand our design business and was recently retained by RdR - a web design client for part-time work. I'm excited that consistent income is coming in and it's helping pay off our home updates. 

This month we completed our kitchen remodel and we are back to the norm of enjoying dinners as a family. It's such a calming atmosphere and is motivating me to get more organized throughout the rest of the house but time doesnt allow it. lol The kids are keeping us so busy and growing way too fast before our very eyes. We have been attempting to slow down and enjoy it all before we can no longer get these little moments back. I forgot about all the mini milestones the books do not embrace this time second around. Bailey's little giggle, her emerging personality and my favorite of all...the raspberries. She's been a real treat during dinner time when she non-stop spits her food at us (I gag at the smell of peas) and Jack just encourages her by laughing.

Bailey has said her first word (Dada - like Jack did) and is sitting up. She continues to be the best baby by far and it's been a good transition adding her to our daily routine. Jack is a great big brother and adores her. He's extrmely helpful and gentle with her. The best thing I could say about having two kids is seeing the endless love they have for each other. I really hope that it continues on through the years. It's a treat to watch them play/laugh/admire one another.


Jack is talking up a storm and singing every song you can imagine. Somehow he got some crazy dance moves and I assume it's from Brian (remember our wedding?). He is doing really well at Pre School twice a week and the teacher has nothing but good things to say about him. He's a very polite little boy and always seems to enjoy the friends, teacher, activities and trains there! As an early Christmas/3rd Bday present, we bought him a battery powered John Deere tractor and since then - if the weather cooperated - he has been outside riding it around the house for many hours. After one day he mastered the pedal, steering, reverse and clearing in between the cars and parking. We couldn't be more proud.

This summer flew by but we always had something planned on the calendar. We just recently went up north to the cabin with Randy and Nancy and Jackson caught his first fish - actually two! He reeled them in all by himself and shared the moment with his dad and Papa Randy. I cried knowing how important it was that they could teach him their passion and he enjoyed it so much. Perhaps next time they can take him on the boat!

Halloween is approaching next week and we are gearing up for some fun events as a family and sharing with friends. Jack is going to be Captain Jack Sparrow (Pirate) and Bailey is a Penguin. This Saturday we are taking them to Boo at the Zoo for the first time and next week is Trick or Treat. On to November already...

No comments:

Post a Comment