About Me

My photo
My name is Kelley and I am a stay at home mom to two kids - my amazing son Jackson Wayne and cutie pie little girl Bailey Louise. I am a working at home mom with a business called baby Jack blankets. I handmake ribbon tab baby blankets and sell them online. I am married to the love of my life Brian and every day looking forward to the ever so rewarding and challenging experiences that my life brings me.

Friday, October 21, 2011

Finding my happy place...

Adjusting to two kids is going great, or at least I have a better outlook on everything in my life this time around. I've learned a lot of lessons about myself, parenting, marriage and people in general since becoming a mom. I have learned how to ask for help when you are feeling no-so-like-yourself. It was the best thing I could have ever done - to say "I need you" and to know that people are there for me fills up my heart.

Everyone needs help when you are a new mom, we are just way too proud to ask for it. I am lucky enough to have people in my life that take the initiative and push me by saying..."You were quiet today, is anything wrong?" or "I know you are going to be busy, do you need help with the kids?" or just those that show up every week/or are there at the drop of a hat to help me when I need them. You know who you are and I have so much gratitude for your support.

It's no easy task running your own business while being at home with kids but somehow I have managed to balance it all out. I prioritize and allow myself enough lead time where it doesnt become too overwhelming and my kids are great while I work. Jack entertains himself or I interact with him while I sew and Bailey is at the stage where she is just happy with a simple smile. I usually save all my workload during naptime or after they are in bed so I can just listen to music and have no distractions and create.

When I am creating, I am so happy and content. I have found something that fills me and doesnt seem like work. I honestly think this hobby turned business is my coping mechanism for the trying times of motherhood and I believe I stumbled upon it right when I needed it. Two years later and after many road blocks, baby Jack blankets is turning into a profit and I have my number one fan and business partner (and Mother in Law) Nancy to thank.

I've found my passion and have worked my butt off to get there. It was an uphill battle but since it was doing something that I love, it eventually worked in my favor. Without the help of my great friends and family (and Facebook) to help me spread the word, baby Jack blankets wouldnt be a success. I thank everyone for your support and encouragement -and purchases- along the way!


To many more years and more stores to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment