About Me

My photo
My name is Kelley and I am a stay at home mom to two kids - my amazing son Jackson Wayne and cutie pie little girl Bailey Louise. I am a working at home mom with a business called baby Jack blankets. I handmake ribbon tab baby blankets and sell them online. I am married to the love of my life Brian and every day looking forward to the ever so rewarding and challenging experiences that my life brings me.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Mr Personality

Some days are just more difficult than others. I use this blog as my sounding board and to also note all the small things that occur in our daily life so some day we can look back and reflect...or use as a "oh yeah, that happened" moment when reading to our kids.

This weekend Jack was too excited to sleep. He woke up on Saturday and Sunday at 4:30AM and with a toddler in his own bed, it's extremely difficult to use the "cry it out" plan and let him self soothe. There's no way around it having a near two year old kicking his door and screaming bloody murder; he was just simply awake and ready to start the day. Adding humor to this dreadful morning, our comedian of a child would realize that pounding on the door wasnt opening it, so he would gently knock which made Brian and I laugh as we layed in bed listening...but the knocking got louder. He would also hand me his pacifier and blankets and say "here" as if he knows he is done sleeping and will not back down. Irritation set in hour after hour and after three hours of attempting to put him back in his room / giving him breakfast / playing with him, we gave in and went on with our daily routine of Jack.


The I'm watching Toy Story 3 with my dad until I poop pic.

Let me back up by saying that this week was quite difficult as well. Ever since we returned from Disney in December, Jack's stomach has been off. He lasts 5-6 days without "going" and it is painful to watch and/or listen to him. He screams "ow" whenever he tries to go and runs around the house on his tip toes. After one week of nothing, I decided to purchase Pediatric Fleet Glycerin Suppositories to help move things along and it worked great on the first day; road block clear...or so I thought.

We went on a suppository bender and each day after hearing the painful cries, I would give him one but they wouldnt take. After much careful consideration, I gave him another today and we sat down to watch Toy Story 3 to make sure he was still and let it do its job right. SUCCESS!! As a parent, you learn that when having a baby all you want is for it to poop - right consistency, color, texture, etc. - and you will know that things are working as they are suppose to. Bowl movements are a huge part of your conversations and text messages when raising kids and today was a great day. Jack cleared things up, took a nap (finally at 1:30PM after being very overtired) and turned into our happy little boy that we once knew.

We just put Jack down to sleep and I look back at this day and learned a lot about myself, my husband and the strength of our relationship. We balance each other out and when one gets overwhelmed, the other is there to carry on while the other gets a break...we have a great marriage and partnership and I am happy to be co-parenting a very energetic child who continues to keep us on our toes with my amazing husband Brian.

No comments:

Post a Comment