About Me

My photo
My name is Kelley and I am a stay at home mom to two kids - my amazing son Jackson Wayne and cutie pie little girl Bailey Louise. I am a working at home mom with a business called baby Jack blankets. I handmake ribbon tab baby blankets and sell them online. I am married to the love of my life Brian and every day looking forward to the ever so rewarding and challenging experiences that my life brings me.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A final goodbye to a best friend

2010 brought a lot of changes to me personally. I used my new found "mother maturity" to rid some negative energy in my life and find positive influences. I can honestly say that this was a big success and I am very happy with the outcome. One of the changes that was out of my control was departing with our beloved cats, Ella and Molly.

Ever since August 2009, Jackson would begin developing a rash whenever he would come in contact with our feline friends. He doesnt appear to do that at other houses, so we assumed it was cat dander that gave him a reaction. My husband and I discussed/fought/cried (me) over the discussions for over nine months when finally we came to the conclusion that we could no longer be cat owners. We were restricting our cats to certain rooms in the house and they became defiant, were spraying and just looked depressed. It was a heartbreaking decision that left a void in my life until just recently.


Ella was my baby. She and I were together before Brian even came along and there wasnt a thing she did wrong in my eyes. I watched her have four kittens in college and bonded with her more than I ever thought I could with a cat. Molly was adopted by Brian and I (my birthday present of 2005) and she was our little cuddler. She was the complete opposite of Ella, liked everyone but was very scared and weary of others. They both fit into our evolving family and we never thought we would part.
Saying goodbye to Ella and Molly were two difficult days.  We put ads out on craigslist and realized that we needed to return Molly to the shelter that we adopted her from so she could get the medical attention she needed (she was having stomach issues and they fixed her up!). She would then be put up for adoption after she healed. We received several emails and phone calls about Ella - alot were sketchy and I just didnt trust anyone taking her. You never know how many crazy animal abusers were out there and I would never forgive myself if someting happened to her.  Then along came Christine. She had a two year old boy and lives in Cedarburg and bonded with Ella instantly when she stopped by. There was something about her voice on the phone when she called, it gave me an intuition to give her a chance. Little did I know that very day I would be saying goodbye to my best fur friend and never seeing her again. I cried. Brian cried. Jack gave her a kiss and days later Abbie (our dog) somehow developed two "tear drop" white spots next to her eye. We call it her cat tats. It was hard on the entire family...and still has been on me for nearly one year later.

I always wondered if they were in good hands. Did they miss me and did I make the right decision? After visiting a tarot card reader on a whim with my mother in law to find out our 2011 destiny, I asked about my cats. She told me that they were happy, no longer depressed and are not looking back!! They dont miss me. LOL. I never received the validation until last week when I emailed Christine asking about Ella.  Ella had adjusted to her new family perfectly and is getting all the attention she needs. It was the news that brought my sorrow to an end.


 Now, I am getting another little girl, my Bailey. When my kids are older, I cannot wait to tell them about the stories about their fur sisters Ella Lynn and Molly Wayne (Brian named her) and how they started as our babies and helped nurture this family to what it is today.

No comments:

Post a Comment