About Me

My photo
My name is Kelley and I am a stay at home mom to two kids - my amazing son Jackson Wayne and cutie pie little girl Bailey Louise. I am a working at home mom with a business called baby Jack blankets. I handmake ribbon tab baby blankets and sell them online. I am married to the love of my life Brian and every day looking forward to the ever so rewarding and challenging experiences that my life brings me.

Friday, August 5, 2011

The Sounds of Silence

Today is Jack's first day away from home. He's 2 1/2 years old (tomorrow) and for the very first time he is away from mom and dad. He is staying over at Brian's parents house in Sun Prairie - Nana and Papa and I am sitting here missing him so much. This house is silent.

It's a different sort of silence than when he is at daycare. I know I have to haul ass and try to get things accomplished before picking him up by 11:45 but today is different; I can take my time. I can reflect, get organize, feed and play with Bailey and lay around. I am going to sew, shop, pay bills, play, lay and watch the last Oprah episode again and weep. It's one of those emotional days that leaves me here - reflecting how wonderful my little boy is and how he brightens my day with his noise.

I hope this quiet day keeps me busy for I dont want to realize how silent it truly is without my little guy for much longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment