About Me

My photo
My name is Kelley and I am a stay at home mom to two kids - my amazing son Jackson Wayne and cutie pie little girl Bailey Louise. I am a working at home mom with a business called baby Jack blankets. I handmake ribbon tab baby blankets and sell them online. I am married to the love of my life Brian and every day looking forward to the ever so rewarding and challenging experiences that my life brings me.

Friday, July 29, 2011

Finding a Groove

We are approaching month three since welcoming our little Bailey. Since the moment we brought her home, she has been an amazing baby, only awaking once at night for a feeding. Almost month three, she is on a similar schedule with Jack napping for 2 hours while he does - which allows me to nap too! - and in her crib for the night at 7:30 like her big brother. We are still waking her up to eat a bottle at 10PM to help her make it until morning, so far so good!

Brian took the night feedings for me immediately when we brought her home from the hospital. Since I was better at getting Jack back in bed when he would wake up during the night, it worked out great - never reaching that point of exhaustion like when Jack was a newborn. Since Bailey has been sleeping until about 4:30AM, Brian would wake up with her, feed her, put her back to bed and go work out at the gym before work. I was able to wake up rested to manage the Monster and the Missfit all day long as well as run a business and a household.

After about a month, things started to flow. I always wondered how my mommy friends adjusted to another child, but I caught on quickly. Jack took on the big brother role better than expected and helped care for Bailey and grew up way too fast before my eyes. One decision Brian and I made was to put him in daycare two times a week so I could have Bailey time and focus on my home business & sewing, it was the best decision we made because Jack gets so much attention and loves his "school". Starting in September Jack will go to a Pre-3K program twice a week in New Berlin. I'm so excited for him to spend time with other kids and his little buddy Landon will be in his class as well. He's talking up a storm now and learning so much. It's hard to believe that 2 1/2 years ago he came out of my belly and time just flew so fast.

Having Jack at school twice a week is a blessing. It allows me to get things done around the house and focus on work. I also have amazing help from my parents and Brian's mom each week too. Every Tues and Thurs Jack goes to either my dad's or moms for dinner and Nancy stays with us over night. I thought I wouldnt be sewing at all but I jumped right back into the swing of things and barely took a maternity leave. Orders continued to pour in but I never felt overwhelmed as I allowed myself enough time to turn them around.

Business lately is really good. We are approaching our second year since creating baby Jack blankets and since introducing our "Bailey Lou Lovey" which is silky satin fabric with minky dots, they have been selling like hot cakes. After my next round of orders are out the door, I am planning on laying low on having sales and focusing on inventory for fall craft fairs - October will be here before we know it!

Another focus Brian and I have is a kitchen remodel. It started with "I want a dishwasher" and spiraled into an entirely new kitchen. We ordered new cabinets and are excepting to remove our old ones by the end of August. Everything should be complete by mid September - new painted walls, new floor, appliances, cabinets, countertops and shades. I am beyond excited for this and so is Brian!

 Summer is crazy and I cant seem to find time to keep my head straight. I cannot believe it is the end of July already and that 3 months has passed us by. We've managed to balance it all and adjust to life as a family of four quite well. We work hard and play harder and enjoy all the little things in between. The chaos with the two kids keeps us on our toes and I wouldnt change it for anything in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment